Hike & Haffuns Tour
Local Man, Peter Rafferty is an expert mountain leader and tour guide with an infectious enthusiasm for the majestic Mourne Mountains. Peter will guide you on our hike from Rostrevor to Killowen Distillery, on our route we will visit Cloughmore (The Big Stone), Ballynagelty and Slieve Martin and enjoy our packed lunch while drinking in the magnificent views.
Master Distiller, Brendan Carty will look after you on arrival at Killowen, Ireland’s smallest Distillery, here you will not only learn how small batch top quality Whiskey, Gin and Poítin are created but get to sample each of the products, the Poítin is mixed in a Killowen Coffee, and what a joy for your taste buds.
After our Distillery Experience you will be transported back to the Rostrevor Inn where your table awaits, a beautiful 2 course meal will be served as you relive the craic of the day.
• Guided Hike | History & Geology | Flora & Fauna | Slow Pace, Fresh Mountain Air
• Distillery Tour | Flame fed Copper Stills | The Story of Whiskey & Poítin in the Mournes
• Packed Lunch | Locally Made, Top Quality | Compostable Packaging | Lunch with a view
• Dinner Included | Two Course Meal in the Rostrevor Inn | Transport from Distillery Included
Guided hike across the mountains from Rostrevor to Killowen Distillery.Includes Guided Hike, Packed Lunch, Distillery Tour & Tasting, Transport from Distillery to Rostrevor Inn and 2 Course Meal.
Distance: Approximately 5 miles (8.5km) at a relaxed pace with stops along the way and a break for lunch.
Min-Max Numbers: 8-15 / Duration: 4.5 Hour Hike, 1.5 Hour Distillery Tour, 1 Hour Dinner (Approx)
Price Per Person for the complete Experience: £99.00
Sorry, no products matched your criteria.
• Distance covered is approximately 5 miles (8.5km) at a relaxed pace with stops along the way and a break for lunch.
• Appropriate clothing and footwear required. Kit List provided when booking.
• Water is essential – it’s thirsty work!