Stone Masons of Mourne Experience
Local Mountain Leader and Tour Guide Peter Rafferty cannot contain his love of the Mourne Mountains it’s history and stories and his passion to keep that history alive is plain to see.
Join him on an experience that will bring you back 150 years when the “hard work wasn’t azy and them that did it weren’t lazy”.
Visit a 19th century Irish cottage and see the living conditions of the time before making your way along tracks once used by horse and cart to draw precious Mourne granite off the mountain to pave the streets of faraway cities.
Enjoy a traditional packed lunch while taking in the views of the Mournes and sample a drop of “the quare stuff” to warm your heart.
Key highlights of the Stone Masons of Mourne guided experience include:
• Experience: Try your hand as a Stone Mason using traditional tools | Hike the Mourne Mountains
• Exclusive Access: Visit a 19th century Irish cottage and see the living conditions of the time
• Traditional Lunch Included: Sample the food and drink consumed by the Stone Masons
• Simply be: Breathe fresh mountain air | The sounds of nature and silence
• Views: Spectacular views across the Mourne Mountains and as far as Dublin and the Isle of Man
• Stories: Irish Story Telling | Tales of people who lived and worked in the Mournes | Myths & Legends
• Biodiversity: Learn what plants and animals inhabit the Mourne Mountains
Guided Hike along tracks used more than 100 years ago. Spectacular views of the Mourne Mountains and beyond. Opportunity to use hand chisels to experience the difficult task of cutting Granite
Min-Max Numbers: 6-12 / Duration: 3.5 to 4 hrs (Approx)
Price: £59.00 per person
Sorry, no products matched your criteria.